Monday, November 26, 2007

Looong Weekend

“Long Weekend” as it’s called here is a four day weekend with the Friday and Monday off along with Saturday and Sunday, which occurs once every term. My initial plans were to stay in London with Mary’s aunt, but they ended up going to the states [ironic eh?]. So, in order to prevent excessive spending of the horribly strong British £, I decided to stay home in the close-knit UWC environment to grow closer with my co-years and my second years. However, many people went to Scotland, Italy, France, Spain, Norway, Switzerland, the U.S. to visit Universities, and all over the place to have a chance to travel together with friends or go home for a quick fix of family lovin and food not involving “____ on a bed of rice” as we affectionately refer to our carbohydrate-saturated meals of rice, bread, potatoes, and caffeine. In between being in Cardiff, re-doing my dorm, catching up on the 4 machines full of laundry, taking advantage of the Weather and Campus, I managed to catch up on some work that needed to be done and rid myself of any [even though there wasn’t really any…]stress that I had. I got a lot closer to one of my main regional second years Nikkita [Full Ukrainian/Russian born in Moscow but has lived in Lexington, Kentucky for his whole life] which was really nice, as well as to Amit from Israel, Harlem from Peru, and a bunch of other co/second years. I think I will actually travel next long weekend most likely to Northern Ireland with Claire and Martin. Not a bad weekend getaway!










During long weekend we also did a bit of re-organizing for our dorm, so for your viewing pleasure I have a picture of my corner in the dorm! Note the gynormous American flag, the “Don’t mess with Texas” slogan, the map with America in the middle, my Cowboy hat on the shelf above me! Needless to say, I’m repping the American people quite well if I do say so myself.










Ta ta as the Welsh would say,



Kev

No comments: